The Academy is actively involved in international community with its educational, artistic and research activities. It is a member of many prominent international professional associations, such as Fédération internationale pours la recherche théâtrale - International Federation for Theatre Research (FIRT/IFTR), European League of Institutes of the Arts (ELIA), The International Association of Schools of Cinema and Television (CILECT) and others.
International cooperation is organised through exchanges and guest lectures by academic staff, and by AGRFT student exchanges with foreign partner universities, by guest appearances at theatre and film festivals, where the Academy presents its achievements, and within the framework of research programmes and projects that include teaching staff. In addition, it is an intrinsic feature of the Academy’s teaching process to host guest lecturers – academics, researchers, experts and artists in the field of performing arts, film and television.
Most international student and academic staff exchanges are carried out by the Erasmus+ programmes, the Norwegian Financial Mechanism grants and other programmes based on bilateral contracts signed by the Academy and its foreign partner universities.
Erasmus+ is a programme of the European Commission, supporting and encouraging activities in the fields of education, training, youth and sports in all sectors of the life-long learning scope (school education, higher education, further education, youth activities, etc.), among them student and academic staff exchanges with partner institutions abroad. Guest appearances at foreign institutions are gaining ground for students too, as the students can complete practical training abroad.
The Erasmus+ programme connects European Union member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey.
Guest appearances within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme are carried out in compliance with bilateral contracts between the Academy and its partner university on the basis of respective call for applications, published annually by the University of Ljubljana, the signatory to the Erasmus+ agreement.
List of Erasmus+ bilateral contracts signed by AGRFT
- Freie Universität Berlin
- DAMU Praga
- University of Antwerp
- Academy of Arts in Banská Bystrica
- VŠMU Bratislava
- JAMU Brno
- Istanbul Arel University
- Justus-Liebig Universitaet Giessen
- Dokuz Eylul University
- Akademija dramske umjetnosti Sveučilišta u Zagrebu
- Lillehammer University College - The Norwegian Film School
- The Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, Southern Denmark (only teacher mobility)
- Academy of Fine Art Oslo
- University of Theatre and Film Arts Budapest (only teacher mobility)
- University of Tartu
- Akademija umjetnosti i kulture Sveučilišta Josipa Jurja Strossmayera u Osijeku
- Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (only teacher mobility)
- UKIM Faculty of Dramatic Arts Skopje
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (only teacher mobility)
- National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts Sofia (NATFA)
- Academy of Fine Arts of Lecce (only teacher mobility)
- Akademija primijenjenih umjetnosti Rijeka
- University of Cologne (Institut of Media Culture and Theatre)
- University of Milan (only teacher mobility)
General information for incoming students can be found on UL website.
University of Ljubljana
Academy of Theatre, Radio, Film and Television
Exchange at AGRFT
Due to our limited space and human resources, the Academy offers Erasmus mobility only to students at those institutions with which it has signed bilateral contracts. For the same reasons, the Academy does not accept exchanges by freelance students.
Please note that the Academy does not implement instruction in foreign languages. It is therefore recommended that foreign students master Slovene at least at an intermediate level, so that they are able to follow classes. Regardless of that, the Academy offers all incoming students consultations with lecturers in a foreign language (in most cases English), and provides summaries of lectures in a foreign language, as well as allows them to pass course requirements in a foreign language. Students who wish to become guests at the AGRFT can choose their courses from the List of available courses:
Exchange candidates are required to fill in a Learning Agreement stating their chosen course, to submit an online application in compliance with the instructions of the UL international office and send their portfolio by e-mail. After reviewing the application documents, AGRFT will select the most suitable candidates and notify them of its decision within a month.
Other Types of International Cooperation
Active international connections and the Academy’s cooperation with academies and faculties from the area of the former Yugoslavia takes place as well.
List of inter-Academy contracts signed by AGRFT:
- Akademija dramske umjetnosti u Zagrebu
- Umjetnička akademija Sveučilišta u Splitu
- Umjetnička akademija u Osijeku Sveučilišta Josipa Jurja Strossmayera
- Fakultet dramskih umetnosti u Beogradu
- Akademija umetnosti Novi Sad Univerziteta u Novom Sadu
- Fakultet umetnosti Univerziteta u Prištini
- Akademija dramskih umjetnosti u Tuzli
- Akademija scenskih umjetnosti Sarajevo
- Akademija umjetnosti Univerziteta u Banjoj Luci
- Fakultet dramskih umjetnosti Cetinje
- Fakultet za dramski umetnosti Univerziteta Sv. Kiril in Metodij, Skopje